Showing 246 results

Archival Description
Colchester (N.S. : County) File
Print preview View:

Nova Scotia Agricultural College students, 1942-1943

File contains 8 photographs of students from the classes of 1942 and 1943, and faculty or instructors, from the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There are men on the steps of Cumming Hall or the Science Building (?), near wooden fenced enclosures, and wooden fences, as well as near a greenhouse on campus.

Photographs of a Nova Scotia Agricultural College building prior to demolition taken February 14, 1977

File contains 4 negative prints of a Nova Scotia Agricultural College building prior to demolition, possibly the Principals house. The building was dormer roofed, 2 story (+ attic) building with 4 front bay windows, covered front stairs with veranda above, and side porch visible. Rear view has a lean-to porch and small side entry. The photograph is dated Feb 14, 1977.

Photographs of a chicken barbeque on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus taken around 1950

File contains photographs of a chicken barbeque event on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Campus. The first such event was held on July 2, 1951, followed by barbeques in 1952. 1953 and 1954 with 3000 to 5000 people in attendance. The barbeques were sponsored by the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture and Marketing and the Nova Scotia Farmers' Association to promote the newly expanding broiler chicken industry.

Photographic negatives of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College August 1976 Open House

File contains negative photographs of the August 1976 Nova Scotia Agricultural College Open House. There are 4 sets of negatives, they include people sitting at tables outdoors around a field in 1970s era clothing, people watching a marching pipes and drum band, some of the photographs feature the campus barn and silos in background, one shows Clydesdale horses pulling a wagon with approx. 8 people seated.

Photographs of librarians, library staff, and the MacRae Library building on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus

File contains photographs of the interior and exterior of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College library that was built in 1982, and 1983 library staff and librarians. There are also portraits of past librarians and students.
From 1913-1939 the NSAC library collection was housed on bookshelves of a small room adjacent to the office of the Professor of English.
From 1939-1968 Principal Lyman Chapman improved the library arrangements by rearranging space previously occupied by the janitor’s quarters on the top floor of the administrative building, later named Cumming Hall; they provided tables, newspapers, magazines, books, reference books and textbooks.
Between 1968-1982 the library was housed in the Cox Institute, the library was given space to the west of the stairwell on the lower level. The library added a microfiche reader during this time.
In the 1980s a new building for library services became the first priority when the degree program was approved. Official opening of the new library was graduation day May 1983, and the library was named the MacRae library in 1990.

Photographs related to the building, naming, and opening of Nova Scotia Agricultural College residence Chapman House from 1966-1967

File contains four photographs related to the building, naming and opening of Nova Scotia Agricultural College residence Chapman House from 1966-1967. In the first photograph is shown individuals turning the sod for Chapman House, Nova Scotia Agricultural College: L-R: [D.L. Parker], Deputy minister, Hon. I.W. Akerley, Minister NSDAM [Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture and Marketing], Dr. Wm Jenkins, Principal [NSAC]. Shown in the second photograph is Lyman T. Chapman, the college's 3rd principal, who was a special guest at the opening ceremony for Chapman House. In the photograph he is depicted reading the inscription on the plaque which is installed inside the main entrance. Photo by the Nova Scotia Information Service. The third photograph shows the construction of Chapman House. The fourth photograph is the opening of Chapman House.

Photographs of the Barrett house, buildings, and structures at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between 1927-1953

File contains photographs of Mrs. Barrett's mother and father, who was the former NSAC caretaker Mr. and Mrs. James Galloway. There are also photographs of other buildings and structures on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus including those no longer standing, as well as Collins horticultural building, the old science building, the dairy building, and Harlow Institute as well as people working in the fields with agricultural equipment and animal assisted machinery.
Results 101 to 150 of 246