This catalogue contains archival descriptions, or "finding aids," that describe the Dalhousie University Archives' collections at varying levels of detail. To find material:
- Use the basic search box or advanced search options to search for archival material held at the Dalhousie Libraries. You can also browse our collections by title, name of creator, geographic location, and subject.
- Click on the title of the archival description to see more information about the material.
- if the material is available digitally, it will be embedded in the archival description.
- If the material is not available digitally, make note of the reference code and title of the resource(s) and use this information to request the material on-site in the Archives and Special Collections Reading Room on the fifth floor of the Killam Memorial Library. Advance notice is required for audiovisual and electronic materials.
- Dalhousie students, faculty, and staff can request free digital copies of materials in this catalogue. Submit a request or check the Guide to Archives Research for more information.
View our search instructions and browse instructions for more information on how to use the archives catalogue or view our institutional profile to learn more about the University Archives and its collections and services. You can find additional information on our website.