File MS-14-46, PB Box 9, Folder 29 - Photographs of librarians, library staff, and the MacRae Library building on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Photographs of librarians, library staff, and the MacRae Library building on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description



Reference code

MS-14-46, PB Box 9, Folder 29

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1913-2009 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

9 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history


Scope and content

File contains photographs of the interior and exterior of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College library that was built in 1982, and 1983 library staff and librarians. There are also portraits of past librarians and students.
From 1913-1939 the NSAC library collection was housed on bookshelves of a small room adjacent to the office of the Professor of English.
From 1939-1968 Principal Lyman Chapman improved the library arrangements by rearranging space previously occupied by the janitor’s quarters on the top floor of the administrative building, later named Cumming Hall; they provided tables, newspapers, magazines, books, reference books and textbooks.
Between 1968-1982 the library was housed in the Cox Institute, the library was given space to the west of the stairwell on the lower level. The library added a microfiche reader during this time.
In the 1980s a new building for library services became the first priority when the degree program was approved. Official opening of the new library was graduation day May 1983, and the library was named the MacRae library in 1990.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres