File contains a black and white photograph of the 1955 first year degree class of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There are 30 students and people (29 men and 1 woman), mainly wearing double-breasted suits on the steps of a building at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College.
File contains Nova Scotia Agricultural College farm class photos from 1948-1949. Photo taken outside of a wooden shingled building with pane windows. Photos have been cut and reattached as composites originally. Staples have been removed for preservation.
File contains 2 photographs of library assistant Janelle Brenton cataloging and applying new barcodes to the books of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College's MacRae Library’s collection for the new automated catalog. The photographs were taken by Sheila Ferguson, she was a photographer/media person who worked for the Dept. of Agriculture --- she was in the 4H building at one time, when it was in the old house next to the parking lot.
Item is a photograph of Dr. Melville Cumming, who served as the first principal at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College from 1905-1927. Dr. Cumming was also an instructor animal husbandry, agronomy, bacteriology and public speaking, and also served as the Secretary of Agriculture for the province from 1907-25.
File contains slides documenting a Nova Scotia Agricultural College trip to Jamaica made by Bonnie Waddell, Chief Librarian of the MacRae Library in the 1980's. Slides are of local farming of livestock and various representative fruits of Jamaica.
File consists of 8 photographs of a house being moved off of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. It looks to have been on the MacRae Library side of College Road. The photos were taken by Stuart Smith, physics professor at NSAC.
This file contains the 7 pages of plans for the new NSAC library in 1982, renamed the MacRae Library in 1990. It details the libraries interior and furniture design and layout for furnishings for the lower and main levels. Plans were designed by Berardinelli Design Limited, Halifax, NS. "Set no. 2".
This Nova Scotia Agricultural College beanie hat is made of blue and gold felt and has “AC” and a ram head stitched on it. They were given to first year students (“frosh”) upon arrival at the NSAC for Frosh week and worn all week.
This file contains a Nova Scotia Agricultural College button down cardigan and winged NSAC patch. This knit NSAC sweater from the late 1930’s, was donated by Joan Schofield. This sweater belonged to Joan’s brother, Francis W. Lawrence of Falmouth, NS. After graduating from NSAC in 1940, Francis went to war with the air force. He did not return. He had the rank of F/O - Flyer Officer, his trade was W/AG - Wireless Operator / Air Gunner. He was with the 162 SQDN RCAF. Mr. Lawrence was 25 years old and passed 6/13/1944. The NSAC badge also belonged to Mr. Lawrence. In the center of the patch it says " '40 " and "A" printed below. The cardigan sweater is dark blue wool with gold stripes, and two pockets. The cardigan was made by the Scott Knitting Co. LTD Toronto, All wool trademark.
This file contains 2 articles and a speech prepared by Nova Scotia Agricultural College Principal Melville Cumming regarding W. H. Brittain - Provincial Entomologist (Nova Scotia) , and the Nova Scotia Agricultural College.
This file contains the contract between W.K. Murray (contractor) and Department of Public Works including modifications to specifications. Dated November 5, 1913. Signed by "_____ Cobb" Architect; "E. H. Armstrong" Commissioner for Public Works and Mines; and "W.K. Murray" contractor.