Fonds contains minutes of the Dalhousie Association of Graduate Studies as well as photographs, correspondence and other records relating to the establishment and management of the first purpose-built graduate student social facility (the Grad House).
Collection consists of videos and photographs that document the administrative and operational activities of Dalhousie University’s MedIT, providing media services to the Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine. The collection also includes the card catalogue and register created and used by MedIT to organize their video and photograph libraries.
File contains a photograph and a reproduction of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College's principal's house circa 1910. It was built in 1908 and was removed in 1978 as the site was selected for the new dining hall, later named Jenkins Hall.
File contains 2 photographs of the first Nova Scotia Agricultural College Alumni Annapolis Valley tour in 1927. Names hand written by Ernest A. Marshall: Back Row: Don Ells, Alex S. Palmer, David Ells, McCuish, Ernest A. Marshall, JN C Desborough, Robert Marshall, Robert Longley, Joe Dand, Bill Turner, Irving Bishop, Norman Clark, Clifford Nichols, Gerald West, Max S. Ells Center Row: Spittal. Edward S. Woodbury, Robert Bishop, Ralph Byd, Kenneth C. Marshall, Clarence FitzRandolph, Hartley Hutchinson, Whitney West, Allison D. Pichett, Westley Graves, Irving Turner, Karl White, George Cox, Stewart Nichols. First Row: Dr. W. S. Balir, J. Louis Stoddart, Seymore M. Ward, Cecil Welton, Ray Miller, Foster M. Chute, Mojoo Ferguson, Dr. W.H. Brittain, J. Howe Cox, Warren Harris, John Rand.
File contains one handmade photo spread (construction paper ) of photocopied pictures over the years of (1) Mr B.S. Sodhi – Chief Librarian – MacRae Library, and (2) Professor Peter Sanger of Nova Scotia Agricultural College during Open House in 1987.
File contains photographs of the exterior of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College library that being built in 1982 and 1983. Official opening of the new library was graduation day May 1983, and the library was named the MacRae library in 1990.
File contains a black-and-white mounted photograph of the 1945-1946 Nova Scotia Agricultural College hockey team, championship team of the Truro and district hockey league. Players; front row, left, Bob Doyle, Dave Gillespie, Vernon Reid, Gus Kinsman, Angie Gillis, Moe Kennie ; bck row, left, Hermie Fielding, Dan McFadden, Bud Elderkin, Vic Holms, Hugh MacLeod, Ray Kennedy, Jack Gammon, Wayne Parker (manager). Absent is Win Langille, coach and Ron Fielding, mascot.
File contains photographs of a chicken barbeque event on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Campus. The first such event was held on July 2, 1951, followed by barbeques in 1952. 1953 and 1954 with 3000 to 5000 people in attendance. The barbeques were sponsored by the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture and Marketing and the Nova Scotia Farmers' Association to promote the newly expanding broiler chicken industry.
Item is a photograph of the external view of newly built [plant or equipment storage?] building at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in the 1960s. Image portrays vertical metal cladding in alternating colours, an incinerator stack to one side; and storage of animal floats in car park. Potentially Vimy Road running behind building.
Item is copy 2 of a photograph of the newly constructed Chapman House student residence at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in the 1960s. There are 2 people approaching the building. A late 1960’s era car is parked at the curb. it appears to have been taken in the summertime.
Item is copy 1 of a photograph of the newly constructed Chapman House student residence at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in the 1960s. There are 2 people approaching the building. A late 1960’s era car is parked at the curb. it appears to have been taken in the summertime.