Collection contains textual material about Dalhousie University's Faculty of Agriculture from the time of their creation when the Nova Scotia Agricultural College and Dalhousie University merged in 2012. Series include strategic plans, academic calendars, and events on the Dalhousie University Faculty of Agriculture campus..
Item is the program for the 2nd annual Nova Scotia Agricultural College class of 1944 lectureship "Directions for sustainable agriculture" by Freeman L. McEwen, Ph.D. Dean, Ontario Agricultural College. The lecture was held January 28, 1987 in Alumni Theatre, Cumming Hall.
File contains a photograph and a reproduction of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College's principal's house circa 1910. It was built in 1908 and was removed in 1978 as the site was selected for the new dining hall, later named Jenkins Hall.
Item is a handmade photo spread (construction paper ) of photocopied pictures of (1) Mr B.S. Sodhi – Chief Librarian – MacRae Library, and (2) Professor Peter Sanger, professor and acting archivist of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College, taken from NSAC yearbooks over the years and during Open House in 1987.
File contains photographs of buildings and structures on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus including Haley, the Dairy building, a BBQ on campus [195-?], extension engineering, residences, and the athletic centre [Langille].
Items are copies of photographs and negatives of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass, leaves are still on the trees, three windows are open on the upper floor. There are bushes and shrubbery obstructing, or covering, the lower windows on the front the building. The addition to the back that now houses Alumni Theater can be seen. In one print the number "BL-365" is written in white ink in the lower right hand corner.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass, leaves are still on the trees, and there are bushes and shrubbery partially obstructing, or covering, the lower windows on the front the building.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass, leaves are still on the trees, and there are bushes and shrubbery obstructing, or covering, the lower windows on the front the building. The photograph shows the addition to the building in 1913 the now holds Alumni Theater and the Dairy building.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass and leaves are still on the trees, and cars parked in front of the building. The photograph was taken from across the street and Jenkins dining Hall can be seen to the right of the building.
Items is a photograph of Cumming Hall, the administration building of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There is grass on the ground, some bushes out front, the lower windows are visible and there is a car parked out front that could be from the 1940s.
Items is a page with two photographs of Cumming Hall and general view of the grounds and buildings of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There is the addition to the back of Cumming Hall and Collins Horticulture which were renovated and built in 1913. Longley house can be seen in the background, which was removed in 1957. The page may have been removed from the Annual report of the Secretary of Agriculture.
Item is a reproduction of a photograph of the original building on the property of the Provincial Farm/School of Agriculture which burned down in 1898. This became the site of the Nova Scotia College of Agriculture, Harlow Institute is now on site. There is an octagonal swine barn that was built by students 1891 and was removed before 1913.
File contains photographs of buildings on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. Included are The MacRae Library with the NSAC Botanical Weed Garden out front, a postcard of the campus ca.1913, the Athletic Centre, Collins Horticulture building and header house, and the residences.
File contains pages of a scrapbook of photographs of interior and exterior architectural features of several historic buildings on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. The buildings highlighted are DeWolfe House, Collins Horticulture & Biology Building, Barrett House, and the grounds supervisor building. The photographs look to have been taken between 1980 and no later than 1995 as Humanities House is referred to as the grounds supervisor building. Humanities moved from Cumming Hall's attic to this house around 1995.
File contains photographs of buildings and structures on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus including residences Trueman, Chapman, and Fraser House, the MacRae Library, crops and structures near the Horticultural Building.