The file consists of a scrapbook of agricultural activity in Nova Scotia from 1900 to 1949. Entries include pencil drawings of animals and plants, newspaper clippings, pictures of NSAC buildings, breeds, and events on campus as well as agricultural events around Nova Scotia from the NS Dept. of Agriculture Annual reports.
This sub-series contains designs, blueprints, and correspondences of the construction and renovation of buildings on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. These were published between 1912-1986.
File contains photographs of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus, principals, buildings, student sports teams, and a student play. -- 49 photographs : colour ; 13 x 18 cm - taken of students presenting a play from 1993, title unknown, sign on the back of the stage says “ Congratulations class of 1993”. -- 1 black photo album which includes 46 photographs : b & w ; 12 ½ x 18 cm. 7 pages of negatives. Time period unknown, some pictures are labeled. Photographs include NSAC hockey team, Aggies hockey team, horses, faculty, basketball team, classrooms, residence construction, farms and barns, convocation, campus buildings, NSAC principals. Photographs have been removed from the sheets and placed in acid free plastic sleeves. Several prints were disposed of as they were duplicates or copies of older NSAC postcards. -- Sony U-matic videocassette (3/4), “Pesticide safety” by Ian Blenkhorn, Marion MacRae, Cathy Deveau, Mark Tracey. – cannot view the video; place in AV boxes, recommended for disposal unless it is an NSAC produced film.
This fonds contains textual material, photos, artifacts, slides, paintings, and a video cassette on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between 1896 and 2012. Subjects includes buildings, students, faculty, events, curriculum, administration records, and the institute's history.
File contains color photographic prints of the construction of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Library (later named the MacRae Library) in 1981. It also contains pictures of the completed library some time after it's opening.
This file contains notes, correspondence and plans for the construction of the new science building (now known as the Harlow Institute) and dormitory (Trueman Hall) and Agricultural Engineering building as well as renovations to various other school and farm buildings between 1947 and 1956 at the Truro Campus of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. Main body of material is from 1953-1954.
This file consist of 3 copies of a proposed coat of arms for “The Atlantic University College of Agriculture” (Nova Scotia Agricultural College - NSAC). The records contain description and illustrations of the meaning of the shield, the motto, emblems, and colour.
File contains one black and white photograph of the Collin's Horticulture building on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College with the old science building in the background. The science building burned down in 1947.
File contains a panoramic photographic print of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College from 1921. Printed on the back : "Mrs. Mathew [sic Matthew] Frizzell". Removed a piece of a receipt taped to the back of the photograph during processing; it may have been used to indicate cropping when an enlargement was made to hang behind the circulation desk of the MacRae Library. The receipt and description card are attached to the accession form in the case file. The panoramic shot still hangs behind the circulation desk at the time of accessioning.
This file contains two crests designed for the Nova Scotia Agricultural College by Doug Edit, as well as a copy of a letter about NSAC crests from Doug Edit to Tom Smith in1995. Also contains a document titled "Mens agitat molem", it explains the motto for the Nova Scotia Agricultural College.
This file contains correspondence and specifications documents associated with the construction of the headhouse to greenhouse at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in November 1913. The letters are either addressed to or written by Principal Melville Cumming.
File contains a black and white photograph of the students of the senior class and staff of NSAC in 1914. Pictured are: (from left to right) Row 1 - P. Sandford, R. Sandford, N. Lawrence, E. Hogan, A.C. Starr, C.R. Starr, R.W. Starr, A. Wood, R.R. McKenzie, G.C. Atkinson, G.F. Collingwood Row 2 - W.E. Whitehead, R. Schafheitlin (? scratched), F.A. Dobson, T. Murphy, B.H. Landells (B.S.A), J.E. Barteaux (M.A.), H.W. Smith (B.Sc.), L.C. Harlow (B.A.B.S.A.), R.D. Huddart, H.A. Butler, W. Flemming, J.M. McIntosh Row 3 - W.R. Shaw, H. Langille, M. H. Coughlin, E.W. Connolly (B.A.), W.R. Campbell (M.A.), M. Cumming (Melville) (B.A.) (B.S.A - Principal), J. Standish (V.S.), P.J. Shaw (B.A.), R.M. Lewis, J.N. McLean, N.C. McLean Row 4 - H. Buckley, JAS. Dickson, W.H. Brittain (B.S.A), J.P. Landry (Poultry), W.A. McKay (Dairying), J.M. Trueman (B.S.A), A. Illingworth, H. Freeze Row 5 - F.L. Cairns, L.G. Saunders, H. Laird, A.C. Taylor, E.C. Spicer, JAS. Bremner, A. McCunn, H. Brown, H. Logan, W.M. McCullough, L. Forsythe, P. Donat
This file contains the contract between W.K. Murray (contractor) and Department of Public Works including modifications to specifications. Dated November 5, 1913. Signed by "_____ Cobb" Architect; "E. H. Armstrong" Commissioner for Public Works and Mines; and "W.K. Murray" contractor.
File consists of 8 photographs of a house being moved off of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. It looks to have been on the MacRae Library side of College Road. The photos were taken by Stuart Smith, physics professor at NSAC.