Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Harza Engineering Company was founded by Leroy F. Harza in 1920 with its main office in Chicago, Illinois. An independent engineering and consulting firm, it specialized in the development and use of water, power, and land resources. Among its areas of expertise were regional planning, specifically water control, power, irrigation flood control, agricultural production, and transportation. It worked extensively in both the energy and environmental sectors of the engineering industry, and the company is perhaps best known for its work on hydroelectric power development.
During the period covered by the records in this collection, Calvin V. Davis served as the chairman of the company. E. Montford Fucik became the President of Harza and Arthur P. Gauss the Executive Vice President in 1963. Charles MacLennan, donor of these papers, served as a Vice President as well. From the 1950s to 1970s Harza employed over 400 people, most of whom were graduate engineers, scientists, and registered professional engineers.
On October 6, 2000, Harza Engineering and Montgomery Watson announced their intent to merge. The company is now called MWH, and based in Pasadena, California.