Type of entity
Corporate body (Dalhousie University)
Authorized form of name
Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine. Department of Anaesthesia.
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The first reference to the Department of Anaesthesia in the Dalhousie University calendars is in 1953-1954. At this point is consisted of C.C. Stoddard (professor); Roberta B. Nichols, C.H.L. Baker, R.W.M. Ballem, and C.M. Kincaide (assistant professors); C. Gordon MacKinnon (lecturer); and D.V. Graham, R.A.P. Fleming, and A.S. MacIntosh (demonstrators). A head of the department is not indicated. The Department of Anaesthesia is now called the Department of Anaesthesia, Pain Management, and Perioperative Medicine.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine (1868-)
Identifier of related entity
Category of relationship
Dates of relationship
Description of relationship
The Department of Anaesthesia was added to the Faculty of Medicine in 1953.