Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine. Animal Care Facility.
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Animal Care Facility, formerly the Animal Care Centre, is shared by several faculties at Dalhousie University, but operated by the Faculty of Medicine. It is used for animal-based research, following or exceeding the standards for the ethical and humane treatment of animals in scientific and medical research. It was established in early 1968 with a Faculty Advisory Committee (Dr. Mark Segal, Dr. Briar Chandler, Dr. W.J. Longley, Dr. C.E. Kinley Jr.), representing various Departments within the Faculty of Medicine. Dr. W. Grant Hilliard was appointed the first director of the Animal Care Centre, starting on January 1, 1968.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine. (1868-)
Identifier of the related entity
Category of the relationship
Type of relationship
Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine. controls Dalhousie University. Faculty of Medicine. Animal Care Facility.
Dates of the relationship
Description of relationship
The Animal Care Centre was established in 1968 as part of the Faculty of Medicine.