Subseries - Dalhousie Arts Building

Arts building for Dalhousie University : basement plan Arts building for Dalhousie University : first floor plan Arts building for Dalhousie University : second floor plan Arts building for Dalhousie University : attic plan of partitions and rail Arts building for Dalhousie University : south elevation Arts building for Dalhousie University : west elevation Arts building for Dalhousie University : cross section Arts building for Dalhousie University : longitudinal section North elevation Building for Dalhousie College / Andrew R. Cobb, architect ; Frank Darling, cons'l't'g arch't

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Dalhousie Arts Building

General material designation

  • Architectural drawing
  • Technical drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1920 - 1930 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Scope and content

Subseries comprises records created or collected by the Office of the Architect and Facilities Management at Dalhousie University related to the design, construction and renovations/additions to an arts building at Dalhousie, which the administration called the Law (Temporarily Arts) Building. It was occupied by arts faculty until 1952, when it did briefly house the law school; in 1967 it became the Faculty Club, which is now known as the University Club. The third building on Studley Campus, it was a part of the original campus plan drawn up by Toronto architect Frank Darling in collaboration with Halifax-based architect Andrew R. Cobb and Dalhousie's governors. The subseries also includes drawings for a later building planned as an Arts Building, which was never constructed.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area