Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1919] (Creation)
- Dalhousie University. No.7 "Overseas" Stationary Hospital.
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Dalhousie University No. 7 "Overseas" Stationary Hospital was established in response to the need for qualified medical personnel to serve in the First World War.
It was first mobilized on November 9, 1915 at Dalhousie Medical College in Halifax with 162 on staff. The staff included a wide variety of health professionals including doctors, dentists, nurses and other administrative personnel. The majority of these were Dalhousie students or professors.
The entourage sailed from St. John, New Brunswick on December 13, 1915 and was stationed first in England and later in France.