- Dalhousie University--People, 41 results
- Authors, Canadian--21st century, 27 results
- Personal archives, 23 results
- Commencement ceremonies, 21 results
- Lectures and lecturing , 15 results
- Children’s authors, 14 results
- Awards, 12 results
- Libraries , 11 results
- Publishers and publishing, 9 results
- Authors, 8 results
- Library of Congress
- UF Public addresses; Academic addresses; Orations; Talks
227 Results for Speeches
227 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 15
- 1893 April 25
The fonds includes poetry, plays, short stories, and novel manuscripts which span Day's writing career; correspondence; speeches and essays; personal documents including various legal, financial, academic, and family-related materials; photog...
Day, Frank Parker
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 30
- MS-2-319, SF Box 37, Folder 7-8
Fonds consists of a typescript of law lectures given by George F. Curtis at Dalhousie University in January 1939. Fonds also contains correspondence pertaining to meetings held in 1945 in the Maritimes and British Columbia to discuss the establish...
Curtis, George F., OC, OBC, QC, 1906-2005
Miscellaneous business files including information on Renada Gold Mines Limited, 1933, and list of shareholders in General Trust and Executor Corp, 1938 and the Maritime Life Assurance Company, 1932. Copies of sermons by Reverend Harleigh M. Rosen...
- MS-1-Ref, Box 2, Folder 15
- November 13, 1945
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 29
lectures by Val L. Fitch (1982), Ronald P. Drever (1985); Werner Israel (1985); Michael E. Fisher (1986); Rudolf L. Moosbauer (1987); Pierre-Gilles de Gennes (1998); Art McDonald (2005)
- MS-2-26, Box 5, Folder 9
Part of Anthony Pugh fonds
File consists of records relating to talks that Anthony Pugh gave on sonata form, music in New Brunswick, musical interpretation, Tchaikovsky's fourth symphony, and the performance and style of works by Mozart.
- MS-13-66, OS Box 2, Folders 12-13 ; SF Box 79, Folders 10-22 ; SF Box 80, Folder 1
Fonds consists of a certificate, diploma, a Dalhousie song book (ca. 1912/1913), photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, election paraphernalia, invoices, and speeches made to the Nova Scotia Legislature.
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 6
- 1873 and 1878
File contains two inaugural addresses delivered by James DeMille at convocation ceremonies of Dalhousie College. The first inaugural address was delivered on November 4, 1873 and printed in Dalhousie Gazette, Vol. 6, No. 1 (November 15, 1873). The...
De Mille, James
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 3
- April 11, 1870
Item is an inaugural lecture delivered by chemistry professor George Lawson at the opening of the third summer session of Dalhousie College's medical faculty. The lecture has been transcribed and published in pamphlet form.
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 33
Dennis Goldberg, "South Africa: The Struggle for Freedom"
- MS-1-Ref, Box 115, Folder 31
- October 9, 1965
held in King's College Gymnasium
- MS-1-Ref, Box 144, Folder 64
- September 12, 1968
Paper read for Faculty of Medicine Centennial. Transferred from NSARM - MG20/112 - 1:40
- MS-13-82, Box 30, Folder 4
Part of J. Gordon Duff fonds
File contains textual records of talks given by J. Gordon Duff on subjects such as the history of the College of Pharmacy, and on Jessie I. MacKnight, a notable female Maritime pharmacist who was a member of the Canadian Pharmaceutical Association...
- MS-2-7, SF Box 13, Folder 4
- 1860-1864, 1917
Fonds consists of notes of lectures on logic delivered by James Ross at the Theological Seminary in Truro, Nova Scotia (1860-1861) and on Moral Philosophy at Dalhousie College (1863-1864), as well as certificates of attendance from the 1860s and a...
Baxter, James, 1844
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 19
- 1945, 1946
November 2, 1945; November 14, 1946
- MS-1-Ref, Box 29, Folder 33
- 1963 May 16
- MS-1-Ref, Box 25, Folder 6
- 1962 November 12
Faculty of Law
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 20
- 1945, 1962-1963
Program for the Inauguration of Alexander E. Kerr as President of Dalhousie University (November 13, 1945); "Education" (delivered on CBC September 29, 1946); "The Significance of the Reformed Church Tradition for Modern Education&q...
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 44
The Image of Man in Modern Thought (Spring 1977); 1984 and Beyond (Spring 1978); 1984 and Beyond: II (Fall 1978); [no theme] (Fall 1979); The State of the Arts - talks by Marget Atwood, Martin Esslin, and Hilton Kramer (Fall 1980), includes list o
- MS-1-Ref, Box 29, Folder 16
sponsored by the Dalhouise Libraries
- MS-1-Ref, Box 31, Folder 28
- MS-13-79, Box 1
Fonds consists of copies of speeches, miscellaneous correspondence, notes, newspaper clippings, photographs, and diplomas.
MacKenzie, Luther Burns, Dr., 1880-1981
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 4
- 1870 November 1
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 8
The Conditions of Scientific Progress (1880); On Calculus and Other Educational Sins (1889); The Utility of Knowledge-Making as a Means of Liberal Training (September 13, 1899)
- MS-1-Ref, Box 85, Folder 20
Presidential addresses, various scientific reports/articles, "Who's Who in Canada" article about A. Stanley MacKenzie, funeral service program.
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 46
- 1953 May 12
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 14
- 1889 September 26
- MS-1-Ref, Box 1, Folder 31
- 1984 May 11
- MS-1-Ref, Box 144, Folder 63
- Sept. 11, 1968
Papers read commemorating the Faculty of Medicine Centennial. Transferred from NSARM - MG20/112 - 1:39
- MS-1-Ref, Box 144, Folder 60
- February 7-9, 1991