Print preview Close

Showing 1105 results

Archival Description
Buildings With digital objects
Print preview View:

Photograph of the moving of power or telephone lines so that a house can be moved off of the NSAC campus in 1982

Item is a photograph of a house being moved off the NSAC campus, it's on a flat bed truck. People are adjusting the lines along College Road. It was located near the MacRae Library on College Road, moved to the corner of College Road and Wright Avenue in 1982.

Photograph of Judge F.G. Forbes' residence on Park Street in Liverpool, Nova Scotia

Item is a photograph of the residence "Craigievar". It was built in 1897, and was the first house to be built on Park Street, in Liverpool. It was destroyed by fire in April 1921. It stood on the site of of present lots 21 and 25, and the grounds included the site of the Liverpool Tennis Club's courts. "Craigievar" was the residence of Judge F.G. Forbes, who was a lawyer native to Liverpool and practiced in Halifax. He was a sitting federal member for Queens-Lunenberg in 1896. Judge Forbes retired to provide W. S. Fielding with a seat, which resulted in his judgeship.

Photograph of the Elmwood Hotel in Liverpool, Nova Scotia printed on a postcard

Item is a photograph of the Elmwood Hotel, which was originally a mansion built by Joshua Newton, who was the son-in-law of Simeon Perkins. The Perkins house is on the left, though it is not visible. In about 1942, the hotel was purchased by the Canadian Navy, and was used during WWII as a living quarters and offices for naval personnel whose ships were undergoing refit at the Thompson Machinery Co. Ltd. plant. After the war ended in 1949, the hotel was torn down, and the site became the lawn in front of the artillery training quarters.
Results 1 to 50 of 1105