The file consists of a scrapbook of agricultural activity in Nova Scotia from 1900 to 1949. Entries include pencil drawings of animals and plants, newspaper clippings, pictures of NSAC buildings, breeds, and events on campus as well as agricultural events around Nova Scotia from the NS Dept. of Agriculture Annual reports.
File contains color photographic prints of the construction of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Library (later named the MacRae Library) in 1981. It also contains pictures of the completed library some time after it's opening.
File contains photographs of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus, principals, buildings, student sports teams, and a student play. -- 49 photographs : colour ; 13 x 18 cm - taken of students presenting a play from 1993, title unknown, sign on the back of the stage says “ Congratulations class of 1993”. -- 1 black photo album which includes 46 photographs : b & w ; 12 ½ x 18 cm. 7 pages of negatives. Time period unknown, some pictures are labeled. Photographs include NSAC hockey team, Aggies hockey team, horses, faculty, basketball team, classrooms, residence construction, farms and barns, convocation, campus buildings, NSAC principals. Photographs have been removed from the sheets and placed in acid free plastic sleeves. Several prints were disposed of as they were duplicates or copies of older NSAC postcards. -- Sony U-matic videocassette (3/4), “Pesticide safety” by Ian Blenkhorn, Marion MacRae, Cathy Deveau, Mark Tracey. – cannot view the video; place in AV boxes, recommended for disposal unless it is an NSAC produced film.
File contains a collection of photographs used in the "An apple a day" exhibit held at the MacRae Library in 1998. Dr. Alex Georgallas was the acting archivist and curated the exhibit of prints of the Fred Sears glass slides. Most of the photographs center around apples and orchard practices and buildings of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. Notes on some of the sleeves of the negatives suggest that they date from the period 1906/7. It seems likely that they are connected with courses taught by Fred C. Sears at the NSAC during this period.
File contains one black and white photograph of the Collin's Horticulture building on the Nova Scotia Agricultural College with the old science building in the background. The science building burned down in 1947.
File consists of 8 photographs of a house being moved off of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus. It looks to have been on the MacRae Library side of College Road. The photos were taken by Stuart Smith, physics professor at NSAC.
File contains the original photograph and a reproduction of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College's Principal's Residence circa 1910. It was built in 1908 and was removed in 1978 as the site was selected for the new dining hall.
This file contains photos of students and faculty within buildings (laboratories, barns, library, machinery shed, and mess hall), and outdoors on campus at various spaces including farm yard, residences, and fields. These were taken in the 1960's and 1970's
File contains two copies of the program from the formal opening and naming ceremony of Eliza Ritchie Hall at Dalhousie University. The program contains a biography of Eliza Ritchie and a program for the ceremony.
File consists of two copies of two architectural elevation drawings of the front facades for the Institute for Resource and Environmental Studies buildings located at 1308 and 1318 Robie Street, Halifax, N.S.
File contains documents related to Barbara Hinds' involvement in the Halifax Landmarks Commission, including correspondence; lists of contact information; agendas; minutes; memorandums; a manuscript called "An Annotated List of Buildings and Places of Historic and Architectural Significance in Halifax," which contains sketches and descriptions of historic buildings in Halifax; "Proposal for Restoration & Development of Historic Buildings: Halifax Waterfront" by Stevens & Fiske Ltd., including folders containing appendices; and "Call for Proposals, Restoration and Development of the Historic Waterfront Buildings, Halifax, Nova Scotia" from the Halifax Landmarks Commission; an illustration of a street; a photograph of an old wooden beam; a photograph of an unidentified building; "Historic building restoration gathers tempo" by Barbara Hinds, from the November 27, 1973 issue of the Chronicle-Herald; typed drafts; and promotional material, maps, and other information about historic buildings on the Halifax waterfront.
Item is an aerial photograph of Dalhousie University's Studley Campus, including Shirreff Hall, King's College, the Provincial Archives (Chase Building), Science Building (Chemistry Building), Arts Building (University Club), and Macdonald Library (Macdonald Building).
File contains a letter and circular sent from Harriet Taber Richardson, Secretary of the Associates of Port Royal, to the Essex Institute in 1930. The letter requests the Institute's support of the reconstruction of the Habitation.
File contains forms detailing MT&T employees' name, position, address, and damages sustained from the Halifax Explosion. Forms document personal injury and loss of life as well as damage to personal property.
File contains photographs taken during the construction and cornerstone laying of the Arts & Administration Building, now known as the Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building, at Dalhousie University.
File contains photographs taken at the University of King's College in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The photographs show the Arts and Administration Building and other buildings on King's College campus; professors John Godfrey and Wayne Hankey; a convocation procession; and aerial views of the campus.
Files contains photographs taken in the Forrest Building at Dalhousie University. The photographs show the law library, medical dental library, staircases, and other features that were located in the Forrest Building.
File contains photographs of the exterior of the Forrest Building at Dalhousie University. The photographs were taken at various different times during the building's history. Two of the photographs come from nitrate negatives that were scanned and destroyed.
File contains photographs taken at the laying of the cornerstone of the public archives building on August 29, 1929. The photographs show Hon. E. N. Rhodes; Arthur S. MacKenzie; Rear Admiral Sir Cyril Fuller; Hon J. C. Tory; Archbishop Worrell; J. McG. Stewart; Flag Lt. Eveleigh; and Lt. Col. Almon participating in the ceremony in front of a crowd of guests.
File contains photographs of the Public Archives buildng, now known as the Chase Building. The building is located on Dalhousie University' Studley campus. The photographs show the archives building from different angles.
File contains photographs, negatives, proof sheets, and drawings of the exterior of the Killam Memorial Library. The photographs also show groups of people sitting or walking on the courtyard in front of the building.