Showing 152 results

Archival Description
Pictou (N.S. : County) Buildings
Print preview View:

12 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Photograph of the Vendome Hotel

View of the Vendome Hotel, outside which four cars are parked, one of which is beside a "No Parking" sign! Four more cars and a wagon are parked across the street, with a man seated on the running board of the nearest car. Print copy is included

J. W. Cumming Manufacturing Co. Ltd. - Buildings

Copy photo of a blueprint of a series of buildings belonging to the J. W. Cumming Manufacturing Company Limited, drawn by L. E. Smith in 1920. The various departments are identified on the roofs of the buildings. In the foreground is a Canadian national freight shed and railway vehicles. In the background are a river and hills. Envelope annotated: "Used in 'Busy East' article Sept.-Oct. 1934". Print copy is available: PC-2-334-36

Photograph of the Pictou County Dairy

The dairy building with six vehicles and their drivers in front of it. One of the vehicles is an ice cream cart and is drawn by a horse. A large advert is painted on the wall promoting Picoda products. Negative also available: PC-2-335-11. Print copy also available: PC-2-334-3

Westville - Drummond Colliery

View of a mine site not long after clearing has taken place. Tree stumps and logs litter the area. The bank head is to one side. Also in view are other mining buildings, a large number of men and two wagons. There are also a number of railway ties in the foreground. Envelope annotated: "Mining #4" and "wet". Print copy is available: PC-2-334-4

Westville - Drummond Colliery

View of a mining site not long after clearing has taken place. Tree stumps and logs litter the area. Two men on wagons appear in an area where rails are being laid. Two small flat cars appear at centre as well as a number of small buildings. Envelope annotated: "Mining #3" and "wet". A print of the plate is included

Westville - Drummond Colliery

Four wooden buildings located in front of a wooden area. In front of the buildings the land has been cleared and many trees stumps and logs are littering the area. Five men are standing in the distance in front of one building

Advertising Display

Display of 18 New Glasgow businesses including: M. M. Rhude meat shop, Crescent Jewelry Co., Jackson's Druggist & Florists, C.L Beck dry goods, Waldren's Studio, Pictou county power board, Barker's stores, Mineral Springs, J.J. Hoare Chevrolet, Thompson 7 Sutherland's Hardware & Sporting Goods, D. Porter & Sons Builder's Supplies, J.O. McLeod Frigidaire, Perns Shoppe, Osborne McDonald Plumbing, McKay Bros. Ltd., C. F. M Quarrie electrical fixtures and the New Glasgow Printery

New Glasgow - McLellan's Three Stores

Three stores on the corner of Provost Street, with signs reading: "House Furnishings", "Crockery, China." and "All kinds of fancy goods, sm… 5 c. - 10 c. & 15 c. Store". Around the corner and on the side of the third store there is a sign reading: "Household furnishings of all kinds at lowest prices. Crockery, china and aluminum ware.". The side window is inscribed: "McLellan's Ltd."; a "No Parking" sign is attached to that side of the buildings. Print copy is also available: PC-2-334-23

New Glasgow - McLellan's Three Stores

Three stores on the corner of Provost Street, with signs reading: "House Furnishings", "Crockery, China." and "The McLellan's Stores All kinds of fancy goods, sm… from 5 cents **** to … 5 c. - 10 c. & 15 c. Store". Around the corner and on the side of the third store there is a sign reading: "Household furnishings of all kinds at lowest prices. Crockery, china and aluminum ware.". The side window is inscribed: "McLellan's Ltd."; a "No Parking" sign is attached to that side of the buildings. In fact, a car is parked at that side; one woman is standing on the corner looking down the side street

New Glasgow - street scene

Row of commercial buildings identified on the envelope as possibly Provost St. in New Glasgow. The central building, which shows 1907 as the date of construction, houses two companies named: "H. H. Heckman" and "McCullough & Co.". On the left is the partial building whose occupants names are partially visible as: "…on R. Fraser Dentist" and "… Blackett". On the right is the office of the "Western Telegraph and Cable Office". A man's bicycle is parked on the nearside of the road

Eastern Car Co. Ltd. - Buildings

View of the site of the Eastern Car Co. Ltd. plant and offices. In the fore-ground are rails, on which sits Intercolonial Canada Box Car 81141 pulled by locomotive 120. The plate is stamped: "Eastern Car Co New Glasgow N S". Print copy is included

New Glasgow Post Office

Post Office building in New Glasgow, with two men, one of whom is in uniform standing by the doorway. A telegraph pole with a street lamp are in the foreground. Print copy is also available: PC-2-334-27

Westville - Acadia Coal Co. - Telegraph Office

Two-storey brick building identified on a plate on the wall above the door as the Acadia Coal Company built 1865. Above the porch entrance it is identified also as the Telegraph Office. A wooden rail goes around the edge of the rectangular roof. A flag is flying apparently at half-mast

New Glasgow - A. M. Holmes Golden Age Store

Two-storey brick building with a dormer window on the third floor, identified below the windows as the: "A. M. Holmes Golden Age Store". A man wearing a top hat is standing outside it with his hands behind his back; two men wearing hats are standing at the opposite side of the photo. Print copy is available; PC-2-333-32

Results 1 to 50 of 152