Print preview Close

Showing 1131 results

Archival Description
Halifax Regional Municipality (N.S.) Buildings
Print preview View:

1012 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

National Research Council building architectural plans

File contains architectural drawings for the National Research Council Laboratory and for the Institute for Marine Biosciences on Oxford Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The 1949 drawings, produced by Leslie Fairn and C. Gustave Brault, include plot plans; footings; floor plans; interior room and finish schedules; sections and details; and plumbing, heating and electrical plans. The 1964 and 1979 drawings are for additions and extensions, and were produced by Duffus, Romans, Kundzins and Rounsefell Ltd. The file also includes a set of drawings printed at reduced scale for a submission by Lydon Lynch issued September 2002 for a National Research Council New Industry Partnership Facility Institute for Marine Biosciences.

Gymnasium for Dalhousie University

File contains construction blueprints for the Studley Campus gymnasium, which was designed by architect Andrew Cobb and built by MacDonald Construction in 1932. Drawings include floor plans; elevations; footing plans; cross sections; and details for windows, cornices and other elements. The plans, which are labelled with job number U-311, are signed off by [W. Thompson?], Secretary of the Board of Governors.

Dalhousie College — proposed new library

File contains five unsigned drawings for a proposed new library for Dalhousie College, dated almost a decade before the purchase of Studley. Drawings include a front elevation and ground floor plan in ink on waxed linen, and a less detailed front elevation, as well as floor plans for the basement, first and ground floors, in ink on paper.

Renovation and addition to Buildings A & B

Item is a set of plans (including index), which contains civil, landscaping, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings for a renovation and addition to Buildings A & B at the Technical University of Nova Scotia.

Renovations to Studley Apartments

File contains floor and site plans and elevations for a 1975 renovation to Dalhousie's Studley Apartments at 1452 Le Marchant Street. File includes set ID arrangement details.

Renovations and extensions to 6152 Coburg Road

File contains copies of drawings for 6152 Coburg Road, including 1967-68 plans for renovations and extensions to the building when it served as the Nova Scotia College of Art, and 1980 renovation plans when the building was occupied by Dalhousie University School of Management. All three sets of drawings were produced by C.A. Fowler Bauld & Mitchell Ltd. File also contains a list of set ID arrangement details.

'O' Building (Annex) revision drawings

File contains architectural drawings for revisions to the "O" Building (Annex) at the Technical University of Nova Scotia, which were produced by the Campus Design Centre. Drawings include floor plans, sections, plumbing, and details.

'T' Building revision drawings

File contains architectural drawings for revisions to the "O" Building (Annex) at the Technical University of Nova Scotia, which were produced by the Campus Design Centre. Drawings include floor plans, sections, and details.

Arts Building elevations

File contains 12 presentation drawings signed by Andrew R. Cobb, Architect, and dated between August and September 1921. There are six drawings of the north elevation and five of the south elevation, each featuring variations in window design, and some containing notes indicating suggestions or preferences of F.D. (Architect Frank Darling), A.S.M. (President Arthur Stanley MacKenzie) and G.F.P.

Gerard Hall architectural plans

File contains a set of architectural plans for Gerard Hall (originally the Halifax Infirmary and School of Nursing) produced by architects C.A. Fowler @ Co. and printed at reduced scale.

Student Union Building addition construction drawings

File contains a construction package set of drawings for a 2002 addition to the original Student Union Building at Dalhousie University. The drawings were produced by Fowler Bauld and Mitchell, Campbell Comeau Engineering and Morris & Richard Consulting Engineers. The file includes a listing of set ID numbers and notes from Facilities Management.

Blueprints for new Arts Building

File contains drawings created by Andrew Cobb for an arts building commissioned by the Board of Governors as part of their building plans during the late 1920s/early 1930s, which also included a gymnasium, power plant, men's dormitory, and extensions to the Science Building and Shirreff Hall. The planned site for the building, which was cancelled due to financial restraints, was adjacent to the temporary arts building, which had been built in 1921 to house the law school. Drawings include a preliminary sketch of the front (north) elevation; west, east, south and north elevations; skeleton section; and detailed floor plans.

Andrew Cobb's drawings for a new Arts Building

File contains ground and second floor plans created by Andrew Cobb for a building (never constructed) for Dalhousie College to be located opposite the Macdonald Library. File also contains basement, ground, second and third floor plans for a new arts building, along with an elevation and site plan showing the building located across from the Archives.

Dalhousie University grounds and buildings : erected and proposed

Item is map drawn by H.R. Theakston, University Engineer, showing Dalhousie and other associated buildings on and near both Studley Campus and Carleton Campus. The drawing includes a key indicating the names of both existing and proposed buildings. It was originally made on May 14, 1924 and revised on June 30, 1925.

Studley campus site and landscape plans

File contains potential site plans for Dalhousie University's Studley campus as well as landscape plans indicating actual plantings. There is also one drawing of a unrealized medical school site plan.

Presentation drawings for a proposed arts building at Dalhousie University

File contains presentation drawings created by Andrew Cobb for an arts building commissioned by the Board of Governors as part of their building plans during the late 1920s/early 1930s, which also included a gymnasium, power plant, men's dormitory, and extensions to the Science Building and Shirreff Hall. The planned site for the building, which was cancelled due to financial restraints, was adjacent to the temporary arts building, which had been built in 1921 to house the law school. The drawings are all marked "282," which presumably was Cobb's job number for the project.

Arts building for Dalhousie University : east elevation

Item is sheet no. 8 of an original set of ten construction drawings of Dalhousie's arts building (now the University Club), which was built on Studley Campus in 1921. The east elevation was drawn by A.M.K, traced by P.K.A. and checked by A.R.C. (Andrew R. Cobb).

Arts building for Dalhousie University : west elevation

Item is sheet no. 7 of an original set of ten construction drawings of Dalhousie's arts building (now the University Club), which was built on Studley Campus in 1921. The west elevation was drawn by A.M.K, traced by P.K.A. and checked by A.R.C. (Andrew R. Cobb).

Arts building for Dalhousie University : second floor plan

Item is sheet no. 3 of an original set of ten construction drawings of Dalhousie's arts building (now the University Club), which was built on Studley Campus in 1921. The second floor plan was drawn by A.M.K, traced by P.K.A. and checked by A.R.C. (Andrew R. Cobb).

Arts building for Dalhousie University : first floor plan

Item is sheet no. 2 of an original set of ten construction drawings of Dalhousie's arts building (now the University Club), which was built on Studley Campus in 1921. The first floor plan plan was drawn by A.M.K, traced by P.K.A. and checked by A.R.C. (Andrew R. Cobb).

Arts building for Dalhousie University : basement plan

Item is sheet no. 1 of an original set of ten construction drawings of Dalhousie's arts building (now the University Club), which was built on Studley Campus in 1921. The basement plan was drawn by A.M.K, traced by P.K.A. and checked by A.R.C. (Andrew R. Cobb).

Birchdale surveys and plans

File contains a 1916 Canadian Government Railways and Halifax Ocean Terminal Railway plan showing a proposed bridge for Coburg Road and access to Birchdale; an undated property survey showing existing buildings, including the Birchdale Hotel, Acadia Cottage, a bathing house, boat house and the north and south wharfs; two plans of proposed jetties on the Birchdale property; a floor plan by architect R.A. Johnson showing an addition to "Birchdale," which indicates a large playroom; and a floor plan for "Birchdale Annex" showing eight bedrooms. The annex addition probably dates to ca. 1920, when Birchdale Hotel was purchased by Dalhousie to house students. The file also contains a 1925 blueprint plan of a survey of the Allison Property on the west side of Oxford Street, which was purchased by Dalhousie University to use as the president's residence.
Results 1 to 50 of 1131