File contains a black-and-white mounted photograph of the 1945-1946 Nova Scotia Agricultural College hockey team, championship team of the Truro and district hockey league. Players; front row, left, Bob Doyle, Dave Gillespie, Vernon Reid, Gus Kinsman, Angie Gillis, Moe Kennie ; bck row, left, Hermie Fielding, Dan McFadden, Bud Elderkin, Vic Holms, Hugh MacLeod, Ray Kennedy, Jack Gammon, Wayne Parker (manager). Absent is Win Langille, coach and Ron Fielding, mascot.
File contains 36 colour matte photographs of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus, buildings, animals, activities, students, staff, faculty and principals. Pictures were taken by Albert Aucoin of Truro in 1980.
File contains five b&w reproductions of photographs of past principals of Nova Scotia Agricultural College from 1905 to 1964. Included are: Melville Cumming – 1905 to 1927 ; John Main Trueman – 1927 to 1936 ; Leslie C. Harlow – 1940 to 1941 ; C. Eric Boulden – 1941 to 1946 ; Kenneth Cox – 1946 to 1964.
File contains the contract for the construction of the headhouse to greenhouse at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between W.K. Murray (contractor) and Department of Public Works including modifications to specifications. The contract is dated November 5, 1913. Signed by "? Cobb" Architect; "E. H. Armstrong" Commissioner for Public Works and Mines; and "W.K. Murray" contractor.
File contains correspondence between the Nova Scotia Agricultural College library and the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture regarding subscriptions to scientific journals and serials. File also contains a notebook with publications ordered by Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture branch Chem. Soils and Fertilizer (1952-1975).
File contains two programs (8.5 x 11 inches, folded in half) for the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Founding Day (Founder's Day) banquet dinner held on 12 February, 1988 at Jenkins Hall. Includes list of participants as follows: 1. Rev. D.I. MacEachern 2. N.S.A.C. Chorale 3. Dr. Bernard MacDonald, N.S.T.C. 4. Mr. Art Weatherby, Village Commission 5. Mr. J.E. Shuh , Professor Emeritus 6. Dr H.F. MacRae, Principal 7. Mr R.E. Morehouse, N.S., Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Marketing. 8. Mr Victor Saxon, Director 9. Mr Emery Legere, President, Students Union.
File contains a meeting summary between staff of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Nova Scotia Museum, and Ross Farm Museum held at the Nova Scotia Museum in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on 17 June 1987. The meeting was about how to identify and understand historical crop varieties and educate the public about changes in plant material and the important of genetic diversity.
File contains a photocopy of a newspaper article with a black and white photograph of the 1945-1946 Nova Scotia Agricultural College hockey team. The caption is in regards to a reunion of the Truro and District Hockey League that took place May 9, 1992 [?] at Keddy's. The caption underneath the photo states: "The Nova Scotia Agricultural College champions of the Truro and District Hockey League in the 1945-46 season, will be among teams represented when the league holds its reunion May 9 at Keddy's. This photo, courtesy of Don MacNeil of Truro shows players; front row, left, Bob Doyle, Dave Gillespie, Vernon Reid, Gus Kinsman, Angie Gillis, Moe Kennie ; bck row, left, Hermie Fielding, Dan McFadden, Bud Elderkin, Vic Holms, Hugh MacLeod, Ray Kennedy, Jack Gammon, Wayne Parker (manager). Absent is Win Langille, coach and Ron Fielding, mascot."
File contains a satirical script (ca. 1971) for a play focused on student life, the academic calendar, and social interests of the day at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. Topics include College Royal, sheep management, etc. It includes a list of actors: R. W. Hounsell (potentially NSAC faculty circa 1960s?); Ray Porth (NSAC Biology Faculty 1970-1980); J.S. Bubar (NSAC Class ’50, and Plant Science faculty); Stuart Smith (NSAC Faculty 1964 to 1991; Len Eaton (NSAC Professor of Biology circa 1970’s and 1980’s (?); and, Gordon Delaney.
File contains the first, third, sixth, and seventh (1913-1919) annual reports submitted by Peter F. J. Shaw, the superintendent of ground and gardens and horticulturist for the Nova Scotia Agricultural College.
File contains records created by the Nova Scotia Agricultural College 75th Anniversary Committee. Records include committee minutes, correspondence, agenda, program, speech notes and cover the period from July 1979 – Feb. 1980.
Item is a newspaper clipping dated January 22, 2005, from the Colchester County News titled "Agricultural College builds on a future based on its past”. The article discusses buildings named after people who have been “at the helm of administering the Bible Hill college during the past century”.
Item is a newspaper clipping dated February 5, 2005 from the Truro Daily News captioned “New index will help locate information about agricultural college”, regarding the index created by Janelle Brenton for Dale Ells' "An illustrated history of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College".
Item is a copy of the presentation from the book launch at the exhibit at the Colchester Historical Museum. It introduces Janelle Brenton, library cataloguer, MacRae library who produced the Index to Dale Ells' "An illustrated history of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College".
Item is the Nova Scotia Agricultural College centennial anniversary exhibit official opening program. “The Colchester Historical Society Museum salutes the Nova Scotia Agricultural College as it celebrates a century of service.” Has an insert which details some early and more recent NSAC yells.
File contains textual and graphic records related to the Nova Scotia Agricultural College centennial anniversary exhibit at the Colchester Historical Museum and materials related to other activities associated with the centennial celebrations from 2005.
File contains an account, unsigned but believed to have been written by Dr. Melville Cumming, in regards to the donation of a tractor by Henry Ford to the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in 1917. Mr Ford had previously met then Premier the Honorable George H Murray and was introduced to Melville Cumming, Secretary for Agriculture and Principal of NSAC (1905-1927). There are annotations on the first page "Thanks very much - Len" and on the second page "He was here I understand on a trout fishing exhibition (expedition?)."
File contains notes, correspondence, and plans for new construction at the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between 1947 and 1956. They pertain to the new science building (later named the Harlow Institute), dormitory (Trueman Hall), agricultural engineering building and various other buildings.
Item is correspondence from the Office of the Commissioner for Works and Mines Nova Scotia (E. H. Armstrong) to Melville Cumming, dated 5 November, 1913. It references an enclosed contract (two copies) for signature by W.K. Murray - contractor, in regards to the construction of the headhouse to the greenhouse.