File contains three portraits of Arthur Stanley MacKenzie. The portraits include a reproduction of a painting by H. Harris Brown; a caricature-style drawing; and a newspaper clipping of a portrait of Mackenzie by Wyly Grier.
Box 7, Folder 8 contains memorials published in the Dalhousie Review, Dalhousie Gazette, and a variety of other publications, a funeral service program and scrapbook of clippings, and a speech by Murray Macneil (1949) read at the unveiling of a memorial plaque in Mackenzie's honour. Box 10, Folders 6 to 8 contain lists of condolences, as well as condolence letters from Ashburn Golf Club, Children’s Hospital, Dalhousie Alumnae Association, Dalhousie University Senate and A. Stanley Mackenzie’s colleagues, friends, and students.
This series consists of photographs of Arthur Stanley MacKenzie; the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge University; Dalhousie University centennial celebrations in 1919; cornerstone laying ceremonies or unveiling ceremonies at Dalhousie University; the 1938 Dalhousie Reunion; MacKenzie's funeral procession; and other people or events associated with Dalhousie University or MacKenzie.
File contains three copies of a photograph of Prof. H. A. Bumstead making a vacuum to split atoms at Cambridge University in the Cavendish Laboratory. A. S. MacKenzie is visible in the background, measuring a magnetic field.
File contains photographs taken during a Dalhousie University reunion in 1938. The photographs show the unveiling of plaques in honour of Dalhousie's first three presidents; the unveiling of the Halifax Castine monument on Studley campus; alumni and convocation processions; the cornerstone laying ceremony for the Medical-Dental Library; a dance; and various Dalhousie alumni.
Item is a photograph taken during a Dalhousie University reunion in 1938. The photograph shows a procession of graduates walking across Dalhousie's Studley campus. The Macdonald Library (Macdonald building) and Science Building (Chemistry Building) are visible in the background.
Item is a photograph taken during a Dalhousie University reunion in 1938. The photograph shows a procession of alumni, faculty, or other people walking across Dalhousie's Studley campus. The Macdonald Library (Macdonald building) and Science Building (Chemistry Building) are visible in the background.