Fonds consists primarily of meeting minutes, membership and attendance lists, programmes, a copy of the club’s sixty-fifth anniversary cookbook, correspondence, and miscellaneous papers which include photos and records related to the club’s anniversary events.
Fonds consists of a Women's Missionary Society treasurer's book (1928-1933), an historical sketch of the church during the years 1853-1953, Calendar Club account books (1926-1928 and 1929-1933); and a Ladies’ Aid minute book (1929-1934).
Fonds consists of material created and collected by John F. Graham during his career as a professor at Dalhousie University, as well as some material prior to this time. Types of records include correspondence, meeting minutes, notes, manuscripts and drafts of writings by Graham, course and lecture materials, departmental memos, research, and similar material.
This fonds contains records about the National Radio Farm Forum, including the operations of the Nova Scotia and New Brunswick regions. Records consists of pamphlets, correspondence, memos, guides, annual reports and minutes from the regional and national meetings and conferences, 2 booklets, and an account of the activity of the Earltown, Nova Scotia Farm Forum Radio Group from the period of 1961-1962. Some of the records were created and collected by Longly and C.A. Douglas, as well as regional secretary Rosemary Campbell. It was a national rural listening-discussion group project sponsored by the Canadian Association for Adult Education, the Canadian Federation of Agriculture and CBC. Initially, this program was a dramatized discussion of farm problems in wartime, arranged in cooperation with the Canadian Federation of Agriculture, and the Canadian Association for Adult Education. Eventually, it evolved into discussions by individuals from various communities across the country. The program was developed by Orville Shugg and Neil Morrison. http://www.cotra.ca/farming.htm http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/farm-radio-forum/
File contains two microfilm reels with ca. 550 pages of records from the Malagash Salt Mine Worker's Union and the Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union, Local 9-823 (1937-1946; 1958-1968). Materials include Malagash Salt Mine Workers' Union minute books (1946-1959), the union charter (1941), collective agreements (1943, 1948, 1950-1954, 1956-1957, 1959, 1961-1967). Microfilm also contains collective agreements of the Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union (1969-1973), the constitution of the Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union (1970) and miscellaneous papers (1952-1972).
Fonds includes financial, legal, administrative and human resources materials dating from the local's founding in 1955, providing insight into the development of the organization's policies and procedures, and also illustrating the broader labour movement and role of unions in shaping the political and social landscape in Nova Scotia. The records provide evidence of the union's administrative and operational functions and activities, including contract negotiation, grievance administration, dues remittance, pension fund administration, membership and labour advocacy, workers' training and education and strike coordination. The records were created by the local's office staff, business managers, executive board, elected officials, Board of Trustees, membership and business associates. Earlier records (pre-1955) became part of the IBEW Local 1928 archive when other IBEW Locals were amalgamated with 1928.
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1928
Fonds comprises records documenting Dr. Jones' woek as a clinical psychiatrist and faculty member. Materials include patient records, manuscripts, lecture notes, course materials, correspondence, published articles, speeches, photographs, and subject files. The bulk of this collection consists of meeting minutes and correspondence related to professional associations to which he belonged.
This sub-series contains records related to the operations of the Nova Scotia and New Brunswick regions contributions to the The National Farm Radio Forum from 1937-65. The sub-series consists of correspondence, memos, guides, annual reports and minutes from the regional and national meetings and conferences. Some of the records were created and collected by Longly and C.A. Douglas, as well as regional secretary Rosemary Campbell. It was a national rural listening-discussion group project sponsored by the Canadian Association for Adult Education, the Canadian Federation of Agriculture and CBC. Initially, this program was a dramatized discussion of farm problems in wartime, arranged in cooperation with the Canadian Federation of Agriculture, and the Canadian Association for Adult Education. Eventually, it evolved into discussions by individuals from various communities across the country. The program was developed by Orville Shugg and Neil Morrison. http://www.cotra.ca/farming.htm http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/farm-radio-forum/
Item is a minute book of the Dalhousie-King's Faculty Teas Standing Committee. The book includes entries from 1938-10-11 to 1950-11-14. The book contains meeting minutes, reports, and some newspaper clippings.
Fonds consists of correspondence, notes, briefs and reports, meeting minutes, financial records, circulars, photographs, and other records relating to the fishing and fish processing industry in Atlantic Canada and government regulations of the fisheries. Also included are similar types of records from sister organizations the Atlantic Fishing Vessel Association, Atlantic Fisheries By-Products Association, and Atlantic Queen Crab Association.
MS-2-233, SF Box 33, Folder 27 ; SF Box 34, Folder 1
Two minute books (Volumes 2 and 3) of the Executive Committee, which include financial transactions, memoranda, disbursements and the deed of lease of the Canadian (Maple Leaf) Fund Incorporated. The original name of the organization was the British War Relief Society of the United States of America Canadian Maple Leaf Fund Incorporated.
Accession includes the minute book from the founding year of 1942 until 1955, collective agreements between the Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers' International Union and S. Cunard & Co. Ltd, E.S.F. Ltd, and Archibald Fuels Ltd. Also included in this fonds are photographs of picket lines, and floats, as well as local publications issued by the Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers' International Union Local 9-825 to all of its current members. The fonds also includes sample meeting posters for the union meetings, a membership request slip for Local 546, and a document from the Hon. Clarence Llyod Gosse to John Yates regarding his membership to the Provincial Apprenticeship Board.
Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union. Local 9-825.
Fonds comprises The Leonard Foundation records regarding scholarships granted to Dalhousie University students between the 1940s and 1990s. Records include correspondence between the University Registrar's Office and The Leonard Foundation, application forms, committee reports and meeting minutes.
This fonds contains minute books of meetings from 1946-1972, three filed employee grievances ( Janette Roy, Thelma Burgess, and Helen Haskem), conciliation board submissions and papers, arbitration board submissions and papers, reference material including newspaper clippings and miscellaneous reference material. The miscellaneous reference file contains receipts, an application for membership with the United Textile Workers of America, an efficiency report for 1969, and a record of proceedings and decision of board referees. As well this fonds includes collective agreements from 1948-1973, and miscellaneous correspondence.
Fonds consists of annual reports, records pertaining to interest groups formed within the club, membership information, minutes and agendas, administrative records, newsletters, photographs, and records for committees, events, and finances.
Fonds contains records of the Dalhousie Faculty Association, including administrative correspondence from the DFA's formative years and records documenting the negotiation of their first contract in 1978. There is also an incomplete series of DFA newsletters and committee records.
Series consists of Judge Peter O'Hearn's records regarding his professional activities and studies in the area of family law, including the Newfoundland Family Law Study, the Child Welfare Act, the Adoption Act, marriage, family courts, divorce and separation. Series contains correspondence, meeting minutes, booklet, newspaper clippings, typescripts, and other textual records.
Fonds consists of correspondence, newspaper articles written by Cook, published and unpublished manuscripts, published articles, academic papers, association minutes, writings, subject files, financial records, and research files.
Fonds consists of materials concerning John Crerar MacKeen's work as a member of the Royal Commission on Banking and Finance. Records include meeting minutes, memorandums, correspondence, and drafts of studies prepared for the Commission.
Fonds consists of records pertaining to the administrative, operational, financial, and artistic activities of the ASO. Included are materials documenting the Board of Directors, box office operations (including ticket sales), financial affairs, fundraising, general administration, guest artists, orchestra members, public relations and publicity, and the union. Also included is the photograph series which presents a visual record of various aspects of the orchestra's activities, including performances and women's auxiliary events as well as publicity shots of musicians, conductors, staff, and guest artists.
Fonds consists of materials created or collected by Dr. John F. Godfrey while he was a professor at Dalhousie University and President and Vice-Chancellor at the University of King’s College in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Material consists of correspondence, course material, lecture notes, videocassettes, shooting scripts and research for History 100 videos, manuscripts, notes, printed material of local history and locations, and meeting minutes and memos from committees, the Faculty of Arts and Science, and the History Department at Dalhousie University.