Accession consists of: correspondence; Harvard University class notes; reports; and certificates of William Andrew MacKay. Includes correspondence with the Canadian Bar Association, Canadian National Commission for Unesco, and the University of Toronto Press.
Item is an account of the Izaak Walton Club of Dalhousie University, written by John G. Aldous in 1984. The account chronicles the fishing trips and other activities of some prominent individuals in Dalhousie's history. The account was compiled by Donald Gordon in 2013.
The fonds consists of records spanning the entire history of the Ecology Action Centre. The records document the organization's internal and external activities and include correspondence, annual reports, administrative records, committee files, subject files, and an extensive library of audiovisual materials on a variety of environmental and ecological topics.
This fonds consists of records related to the governance of the association, meeting minutes, the activities of the various committees and sub-committees, membership lists, newsletters, and correspondence. It also includes program materials the CCFA used to promote knowledge and awareness about China; documents regarding the Communist Party of China; reference materials; a large collection of slides, primarily of two trips the association organized, one to China in 1975 and one to Asia in 1977; audiocassettes; and materials related to the lecture “How China Feeds 800 Million People” which includes a slide show, audiocassette, and transcription.
Fonds consists of patient records, manuscripts, lecture notes, course material, correspondence, published articles, speeches, photographs, subject files, and papers of various professional associations, all created or collected by Dr. Jones during his career.
The materials in this fonds were generated primarily as a result of Dr. Jones' work as a Psychiatrist in Halifax and as a faculty member at Dalhousie University. Dr. Jones was a member of many associations and the bulk of this collection consists of meeting minutes and correspondence related to these associations.
Fonds comprises records that illustrate Joan Gilroy's professional life as an educator and a practitioner of social work, with particular reference to feminism and social justice issues in the academy and across the wider community. Record series indicate the scope of her work, encompassing teaching, research and community outreach, while record types include correspondence, memoranda, research and teaching notes, manuscripts, reports, committee minutes and agendas.
Collection includes 56 photographs from the late 19th-early 20th century, including portraits of unidentified friends of R.H. Graham, Dalhousie University, and other subjects, and a 1892 memorial card for Christina Kerr. Photographs are missing.
Accession contains architectural sketches and textual documents related to Eliza Ritchie Hall; Storage Facility; Shirreff Hall; Howe Hall; Studley House; Old Management Building (Coburg); Marion McCain Building; Dalplex; Computer Science; Central Services; Glengary; Burbidge; Forrest Building; CRC; Legal Aid; O Building; T Building; U Building; Life Sciences Centre; and National Research Council buildings. The accession also includes original architectural drawings by Adnrew Cobb and proposed campus landscapes by Thomas Mawson.
Fonds contains records of the Faculty of Science at Dalhousie University, including records created in the Dean's Office and by the Department of Psychology, Department of Economics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Earth Sciences, and other units within the faculty.
Collections consists of a typed transcript of a CBC Radio Broadcast titled "Voice of the Pioneer: Norman Archibald MacRae MacKenzie" and the contents of a scrapbook about a bust of MacKenzie at the University of British Columbia.
Collection contains Nova Scotia Agricultural College archival reference materials including books, calendars, journals, magazines, DVD's, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings published between 1830-2015.
This series contains 53 books, 8 booklets, and 164 cm of other textual and graphic material related to agriculture, which includes related organizations, industries, machinery, research, products, livestock, harvesting, management, crops, etc. These were published between 1846-2000.
Fonds consists of records created for and as a result of the performance activities of the Halifax Camerata Singers. Records include posters and programs from concerts\ and administrative and financial records from the Board of Directors of the not-for-profit society.
This fonds contains records and artifacts that were created by the MacRae Library of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between 1990-2012. The Nova Scotia Agricultural College merged with Dalhousie University in 2012.
This file is a copy of the Nova Scotia Association of Garden Clubs History Update 2009- 2014 by Arthur Haskins, Historian. The Nova Scotia Association of Garden Clubs became an entity in 1954 as the result of the work of the Rural Beautification Project Committee. In 1944, the Rural Beautification Committee was appointed by the Honorable John A. MacDonald, minister of Agriculture, to come up with a plan for rural beautification projects. Mr. Nick Jankov, a Landscape Specialist, began working with the Agricultural Representatives, Women’s Institutes, Home and School Associations and Service Clubs, to begin formulating a long term plan for Rural Beautification around the province. The Nova Scotia Association of Garden Clubs (NSAGC) is made up of garden clubs and horticultural societies from all areas of Nova Scotia. The NSAGC is the coordinating body for organized gardening groups in the province and is guided by an elected board of directors, whose members come from the different districts of Nova Scotia. The district representative, also known as the district director, serves as the link between the individual clubs and the NSAGC board. The main objective of the NSAGC is to promote the general landscape beautification of the Province of Nova Scotia, by promoting community beautification and encouraging the formation of horticultural groups (garden clubs) which will procure interest in all phases of home gardening and ornamental horticulture in their areas.
This item is a transcript of interview with Lieutenant Colonel A. (Arthur) W. MacKenzie – NSAC Class ’21, former faculty member NSAC circa 1930s (?), former Minister of Agriculture for Nova Scotia. Interviewer NSAC Professor of English – Jack Hawkins. 1969.
This fonds consists of objects, manuscripts, and published works that were collected by Peter Hamilton. Mr. Hamilton was alumni, faculty, and registrar of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College for 10 years. Included is a stethoscope that was used for cattle, a Nova Scotia Agricultural College mug, and a blue knit NSAC pullover sweater. The published books and booklets cover livestock husbandry (swine, cattle, poultry), feeding, judging and general agriculture. Most of the publications are Canadian and US government documents, a few textbooks were also included.
This fonds contains primary and secondary records and published materials relating to the history of the berry varieties grown in Nova Scotia, primarily cranberries and strawberries. The material was created and collected by Robert Murray during his career as a berry specialist working for the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture between 1954 and 1994.
Fonds consists of research notes, program notes, annotated copies of sheet music, and programs of performances, used and created by Anthony Pugh in his work as a program note writer. Most of his research and program notes date from his time at the University of New Brunswick (UNB) where, in addition to his duties in the French Department, he worked closely with the UNB and Saint Thomas University Creative Arts Committee, organizing concerts. He also worked as a program note writer for the Atlantic Symphony Orchestra.
Fonds contains the records of William Robertson and Son Ltd., including ledgers (1871-1939); ledger cards (1941-1968); invoices (1892-1907, 1942-1968); deeds (1908, 1919); inventories (1941-1967); cash books (1939-1968); sheets from stock books (February 1948); credit notes (1953); delivery slips (1953); price books (1886-1945); text from the dedication of a Celtic memorial cross in memory of William Robertson (1955); a copy of the Robertson family tree; correspondence; shares certificates; catalogues; and other records.
Fonds contains records documenting the creation and management of Pottersfield Press from its inception in 1978. These include administrative documents such as grant and funding applications and author contracts; correspondence between the managing editor and authors, readers, contract editors and others; editorial records including manuscripts and page proofs; and publicity materials such as catalogues and book reviews.