Showing 9 results

Archival Description
Colchester (N.S. : County) File Agriculture
Print preview View:

Papers and correspondence regarding agricultural heritage preservation and presentation and the agricola collection

This file contains a range of papers with regard to agricultural history and agricultural heritage preservation through books, static and living history museums, agricultural art and artifacts, and correspondence with the Nova Scotia Agricultural College Library, Office of the Principal, and the Nova Scotia Department of Education – Museum complex. 1987.

The Junius of Nova Scotia

This file contains a textual record that appears to be research on "The Junius of Nova Scotia" compiled by John Irvin, Bridgetown, 1916

Newspaper clippings regarding opening of agricola collections

This file contains three newspaper clippings associated with the opening of the Agricola Collections museum and archives - July 30, 1983. The fourth article discusses the power of food as an economic driver quoting Dr. Clay Switzer in Nova Scotia, president of the Agricultural Institute of Canada from University of Guelph on a tour of Nova Scotian blueberry fields.

Scrapbook

The file consists of a scrapbook of agricultural activity in Nova Scotia from 1900 to 1949. Entries include pencil drawings of animals and plants, newspaper clippings, pictures of NSAC buildings, breeds, and events on campus as well as agricultural events around Nova Scotia from the NS Dept. of Agriculture Annual reports.

The Junius of Nova Scotia

This file contains a textual record that is a photocopy of article written by M. Cumming for the Dalhousie Review (p. 53-
60, no date)

Record of the provincial government in respect to agriculture

This file contains is a legal sized photocopy sheet of a news article (advertisement?) from "The Pictou Advocate" by Robert H. MacKay, R. Henry Graham, and Robert M. MacGregor "The Farmers Candidates" entitled "The policy of the Government in respect to AGRICULTURE is centralized at the Provincial College and Farm at Truro" on June 9, 1916.