File contains 7 photographs of tree that inspired the monologue in Bone Cage. Photographs were removed from envelope labelled, Pictures from every season, Bone Cage Chicky's speech, Upper Stewiacke around 1995.
File contains award letter, program and related materials of the Governor General's Literary Award, held at the Rideau Hall in Ottawa on December 10th, 2008. File also contains printed photographs of Catherine at the Library of Parliament and the 2008 Governor General's Award winners. Catherine Banks won Governor General's Award for English-language Drama for her play Bone Cage.
Fonds contains materials documenting Catherine Banks' professional playwrighting career beginning with her first published play, Eula's Offer. Records include research notes and manuscripts (handwritten and typed), correspondence, contracts, production and publicity materials, a videocassette, a DVD, photographs, sketches, and a small selection of personal papers.
The collection documents the beginning of the Youth New Democratic Club at Dalhousie, and David Jones' involvement in the organization. It also includes two articles of E. Chesley Allen, David's maternal grandfather, plus a photograph. E. Chesley Allen was the Superintendent of the School for the Blind, and a naturalist.
Fonds contains textual material, photos, artifacts, slides, paintings, and a video cassette created by the School of Agriculture, the College of Agriculture, and the Nova Scotia Agricultural College, between 1892 and 2012. Series include records of an administrative nature, departments on campus, buildings, photographs, student and faculty records, events, curriculum, and the institutions history.
Series contains graphic materials of the students, staff, and faculty of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There are also photographs of the campus landscape and buildings and also the School of Agriculture or the College of Agriculture as it was originally known. Subseries' include aerial views, animals, buildings, campus events, students, staff, faculty and principals of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College between 1885-2015, as materials may be associated with the Provincial farm or School of Agriculture (pre-1905).
Subseries contains photographs of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College campus, which includes buildings and landscapes, residences, barns, athletic complex, library, etc. These were taken between 1889-2007.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass and leaves are still on the trees, and cars parked in front of the building. The photograph was taken from the street and there are flag poles out front and Jenkins dining Hall can be seen to the right of the building.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is grass on the ground, and leaves are still on the trees. There is a car and a truck parked out front and the dairy building can be seen to the right of the administration building.
Items is a photograph of Cumming Hall, the administration building of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. There is grass on the ground, some bushes out front, the lower windows are visible and there is a car parked out front that could be from the 1940s.
File contains photographs of School of Agriculture buildings, and early Nova Scotia Agricultural College buildings, including the original science buildings, one which stood from 1898-1932 and the other from 1914-1946.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass and leaves are still on the trees, and cars parked in front of the building. The photograph was taken from across the street and Jenkins dining Hall can be seen to the right of the building.
Items are copies of photographs and negatives of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass, leaves are still on the trees, three windows are open on the upper floor. There are bushes and shrubbery obstructing, or covering, the lower windows on the front the building. The addition to the back that now houses Alumni Theater can be seen. In one print the number "BL-365" is written in white ink in the lower right hand corner.
Item is a photograph of Cumming Hall. There is bare grass, leaves are still on the trees, and there are bushes and shrubbery partially obstructing, or covering, the lower windows on the front the building.
Item is a photograph of the original building on the property of the Provincial Farm/School of Agriculture which burned down in 1898. This became the site of the Nova Scotia College of Agriculture, Harlow Institute is now on site. There is an octagonal swine barn that was built by students 1891 and was removed before 1913.
Items are photographs and a newspaper clipping from the Truro Daily News of Longley House. This residence was on the Blanchard property when it was purchased by the College in 1886. It was used as the residence for college principals on the campus of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College. The reverse has in handwriting: "the first house built for college president, at top of hill on College Road, right hand side going up".